On 4/17/2014 I filled up my 2010 VW Jetta TDI diesel at your fuel station located at the corner of Beltway8 and Wilson Rd in Humble Texas:

Shell

9410 Texas 8 Beltway

Humble, TX 77396

Shortly after my car began to have trouble starting, had a rough idle, drove sluggish. On

4/21/2014 my check engine light came on so I took my car to my nearby auto shop that specializes in VW Diesels. The techs connected my car to the computer and the code reporting trouble with one of the fuel injectors. The techs initial response was to check the fuel filter and look at the fuel inside the canister. After removing the fuel filter the problem was quickly

identified. The diesel fuel was contaminated. The tech suggested a fuel line flush, fuel tank flush, fuel filter replacement and an oil change.

The repair bill cost me 631.09 out of pocket. These repairs were completed on 4/22/2014. Once these repairs were completed the car was running properly again. My family has been a long term Shell Loyal client for years. I am firm believer in dealing with good companies who stand behind their products, I strong ask you to in my case. Please also check the Diesel from your station listed above. The auto shop saved me a sample of the fuel from inside my tank, a picture is attached.

Review about: Diesel Fuel.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $631
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Shell?

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #856271

Your post on this website will likely not even be noticed or responded to by Shell, as it's not a Shell website.

I had a similar experience as yours with bad gas from Shell.I made a formal complaint to their customer service office in South Africa by phoning 1-800-661-1600.

Then press 1, and then 4.

Give them all the basic info/facts of your case and they forward the file to their insurance company, Crawfords.

I'm hoping for at least a basic reimbursement of my costs and hopefully more for my trouble and inconvenience and worry of nearly ruining my vacation.

Good luck